How is Christmas like a week away?!?!?! Seriously, where did December go? It feels like last week we were celebrating Thanksgiving. This year we are having Dustin's parents over to our house for Christmas. It will be our first big holiday that we are hosting since moving into our house (besides a few get togethers and a small celebration for Brylee's first birthday). I feel like I have a million things left to do but no time to do them. We are celebrating Christmas with my mom's side of the family this weekend-something we look forward to all year, but when we get home we will only have a few days to get everything ready for our party here.
With that being said, I have a few items that I couldn't do without in order to survive the holiday season.
1. A list. I have a list for everything. With all the stress that comes with the holiday season, I don't know what I would do without a list to stay organized. So I bought a fun notebook on clearance at Walmart (for 25 cents!!!) to stay organized.
Here's some lists I currently have started:
-gift ideas for people
-christmas goodie ideas
-important things to remember
-grocery lists for Christmas dinner (because I actually just went to the store without a list and forgot to buy one of the items I went in for!)
2. I also have a few small gifts on hand for hostess presents and just in case.
3. When I was baking desserts for Thanksgiving, I opened the fridge only to realize I had one egg on there. So after that I have always made sure we have enough staples (like milk, butter, cheese, and eggs) so I don't have to leave my mess in the middle of baking to run to the store.
4. I also have a small stash of extra toiletries (travel sized works great) for out of town guests who may forget something.
5. We have some fun holiday soaps that I put out before guests come over. It's the little things that can put you in a festive mood.
If you would ask Brylee what she would recommend to always keep handy, the answer would be suckers. One day we were buckling her into her car seat and she pulled one out from her pocket. She's pretty sly like that. It was meltdown city when we took it away. This kid I tell ya;)