1. I saw online somewhere that if you stick a romaine lettuce core in water it will grow lettuce again. I tried it and it worked. The top picture is the when I first started it and the second picture is a few days later. I was so excited when it actually worked that I started another one, but I think that I broke too much of lettuce leaves off and i don't know if it will grow though.
2. I took Brylee for a walk one day this week and I let her pick which way we would go at every intersection. She brought us by a pond, some businesses and to see lots of "ducks" aka birds. She had a blast and we eventually made it home.
3. Hot Tot is on Zulily for up to 40% off. They are selling out fast so if you want to try it now would be the time! I just snagged the sweet pea serum to use as a lotion.
4. I made zucchini pizza boats the other day for lunch. They were good but I would suggest removing the seeds because otherwise it gets kind of watery. To make them: Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (I used waxed paper). Cut zucchini in half length wise and pat dry to remove excess water. I would remove the seeds at this point. Spread olive oil on top of zucchini and season with garlic powder and salt. Put pizza sauce on top. Then add cheese and pizza toppings. Bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and zucchini is soft.
5. I needed to get a few more pictures of Brylee for her two year photos and of course as soon as we start my camera's battery died, so I took a few on my phone. There is totally something about a barefoot toddler in jeans!
|This picture right here is typical Brylee. |
She makes this face ALL THE TIME whens she throws out a fake laugh!